Steam Group
GameTracker
YouTube
Google Plus
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gmod Changelog
This thread is for me to post significant changes I have made that affect all Gmod servers so that players know what has been added recently and can keep up to date. You may reply to this thread only if you have experienced a problem with an update, wish to suggest something related to changes posted here (If it's completely different, post it in Server Suggestions), or have meaningful feedback on a change.

5/24/17 - Ballpit Changes
5/25/17 - Permaban Changes
5/29/17 - Chatbox Changes
5/30/17 - SourceBan/Anti-Cheat Changes
6/1/17 - Mapvote fixes
6/9/17 - Crash Screen/PointShop Changes/Quick Join Commands
6/14/17 - Playermodel Downloads/Ads/New Uber perk
6/17/17 - ULX Command Restrictions
6/22/17 - New Playermodels
6/24/17 - New LFG Menu
6/25/17 - Loading Music/ERM Settings
6/27/17 - Chat Sounds
6/28/17 - PointShop Changes
6/29/17 - Reserved Slots
7/13/17 - Premium Playermodel Changes
7/21/17 - Addon Updates
7/26/17 - Bans/!lfg
7/28/17 - ULX Votemaps
8/2/17 - Chat Censor
8/8/17 - Backgroud Music Mute
8/20/17 - Ban Improvements
9/21/17 - Ad Fixes
11/18/17 - New Command
12/13/17 - Client/Server FPS Counters
12/22/17 - Mapvote Fixes
12/31/17 - New LFGS Commands
1/1/18 - Server Hop
1/27/18 - New Command
1/31/17 - Hat Positioner
2/1/18 - New Command/Hat Position Addition
2/2/18 - PointShop Fixes
2/8/18 - Uber Hats
Reply Warn
5/24/17 - Ballpit Changes

The custom ballpit menu has been removed, and is only controlled via the ULX menu/console. This fixes permission issues and simplifies it all around. The balls have also been removed so that this can be used without excessively annoying the people it is put on. It is recommended to put this on annoying squeakers that talk to much. Permaballpit might also become a thing.
Reply Warn
5/25/17 - Permaban Changes
  • Permaballpit has been added, which permanently ballpits players.
  • A bug has been fixed that allowed guests to have permanent chat bans removed on reconnect or map change.
  • A list of permanent chat bans players have is displayed to staff when they first spawn.
  • The command !printpbans can be used to display any permanent chat bans players have who are currently connected to the server.
Reply Warn
(05-24-2017, 09:25 PM)SaintLuther Wrote:  5/24/17 - Ballpit Changes

The custom ballpit menu has been removed, and is only controlled via the ULX menu/console. This fixes permission issues and simplifies it all around. The balls have also been removed so that this can be used without excessively annoying the people it is put on. It is recommended to put this on annoying squeakers that talk to much. Permaballpit might also become a thing.

We need our balls back! Its not a ballpit without sprites of hl2 bouncy balls falling down on our screen.

Also theres an issue with ballpit on ZS, and theoretically TTT. If a human player and a zombie player are both in a ballpit, they can communicate with each other via mic. This isnt too severe of a problem, as I dont see how people would exploit it, but if the same goes for TTT with dead and alive players, ghosting could occur.

Havent fully tested it, I'll get Ripjaw or someone else to help me experiment with it though. Thanks!
[Image: 07ad00c8636a3f2cd23b2470b175f393.png]
Reply Warn
@Dogesky I'd be glad to test it tomorrow night (well technically tonight) but we would need at least 3 people on (shouldn't be too hard I'll get bacon or demonik or someone else to come on).
hahaha

Reply Warn
Tested the ballpit thing on Sandbox, people could still openly communicate with non-ballpitted players. Not sure if that's supposed to happen or not.
[Image: 2a2e738228.gif]

Reply Warn
(05-26-2017, 04:07 AM)Zellogi Wrote:  Tested the ballpit thing on Sandbox, people could still openly communicate with non-ballpitted players. Not sure if that's supposed to happen or not.

That's because at the time of writing this post, Sandbox hasn't changed maps in 18 hours. After changing the map it worked fine.

(05-25-2017, 08:54 PM)Dogesky Wrote:  Also theres an issue with ballpit on ZS, and theoretically TTT. If a human player and a zombie player are both in a ballpit, they can communicate with each other via mic. This isnt too severe of a problem, as I dont see how people would exploit it, but if the same goes for TTT with dead and alive players, ghosting could occur.

Should be fixed on TTT and ZS now, but feel free to test it. I'll probably have to make custom fixes for any other gamemode with team specific voice chat
Reply Warn
@SaintLuther with the permanent gag/mute/bp does the person get notified when they spawn? "You are permanently w/e please visit http://lennyfacegaming.org/ to appeal"
Prop Hunt Admin | Deathrun Admin | Jailbreak Operator | Zombie Survival Admin | TTT Admin
[Image: RSXY6Yr.gif]
Reply Warn
Is chatbox broken, or does everyone see this? I am not sure but is it fixable? I cant get picture to work so, does everyone see like a bunch of errors or "t's" going diagonal?
[Image: tumblr_m83lx38t1O1qmd20so1_500.gif]
Reply Warn
Hey Saint quick question.
How will the ball pit work on jailbreak?
Reply Warn