Steam Group
GameTracker
YouTube
Google Plus
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LFG Points Raffle (100% legit not a scam)
I decided to set up a system for raffling off rewards with LFG Points. Right now I just want to test the system with some low cost raffles and a relatively small reward. Future rewards could be more LFG points, PointShop items, Gmod/TS/Forums perks, or Steam giftcards. There's no limit to how many entries you can have, but that's something I could have in the future. I may also remove showing how many entries there are since that may discourage people from entering. I also have not decided how the winner will be picked, obviously randomly based on raffles entered, but it could be done automatically or done in an event on TS where I live stream the results being chosen. The raffles are also limited to Members only, but could be opened up to anyone in the future. Also, when the raffle has ended, it will be replaced with the winner's forum name and what they won for all to see. Feel free to post suggestions below for future raffles.

Anyways, here's the raffle:

Warn
Should add this to sandbox. it would be cool. make the drawing ever 30 mins or so 1 or 2 per map.
[Image: 76561198183902451.png]
Warn
(08-06-2017, 09:03 PM)deucedemon22 Wrote:  Should add this to sandbox. it would be cool. make the drawing ever 30 mins or so 1 or 2 per map.

I never considered server specific raffles.. but what would it be for? I don't see the benefit of doing short, server specific raffles for LFG Points opposed to longer ones hosted on the forums.
Warn
Maybe add the option to buy a raffle ticket in the pointshop? Tongue
Prop Hunt Admin | Deathrun Admin | Jailbreak Operator | Zombie Survival Admin | TTT Admin
[Image: RSXY6Yr.gif]
Warn
(08-06-2017, 09:33 PM)WTF-GamerZ Wrote:  Maybe add the option to buy a raffle ticket in the pointshop? Tongue

Ehh, if there was in-game integration, it would probably just be a window that was exactly the same as the raffle "box" on my post. Buying raffles from the PointShop just seems to make things over complicated.
Warn
Can you make something like this, but it happens a couple times a year where people can put in a certain amount, and they have the chance to earn everyone elses money that they put in...

EXAMPLE:
It is a 10k LFG Point Lottery! Marge, Lisa, Bart, & Homer each have to put in 10k if they wan't to enter, they all do so. Since only 4 people are entering, the winner will earn 40k LFG Points!

That is how this type of Lottery would work, we could have a couple during the LFG awards, and if TOD (The Overlord Day) Celebration gets added, we could have a couple during that as well....

--FOR THE OVERLORD!!!--
Warn
(08-06-2017, 10:00 PM)ẌĿ4ȚШ Wrote:  Can you make something like this, but it happens a couple times a year where people can put in a certain amount, and they have the chance to earn everyone elses money that they put in...

No, sounds like a bad idea. The pot would probably reach millions of LFG Points (This one has already hit 200,000 in less than an hour) and the one person who won could abuse every PointShop related perk for the rest of their lives without having to worry about running out.
Warn
(08-06-2017, 10:03 PM)SaintLuther Wrote:  No, sounds like a bad idea. The pot would probably reach millions of LFG Points (This one has already hit 200,000 in less than an hour) and the one person who won could abuse every PointShop related perk for the rest of their lives without having to worry about running out.

well, then maybe a cheaper one!? Like 1k
--FOR THE OVERLORD!!!--
Warn
(08-06-2017, 10:04 PM)ẌĿ4ȚШ Wrote:  well, then maybe a cheaper one!? Like 1k

Having a fixed amount of LFG Points as an award is the best idea imo, as for other possible rewards other than LFG Points I'm up for suggestions.
Warn
(08-06-2017, 10:06 PM)SaintLuther Wrote:  Having a fixed amount of LFG Points as an award is the best idea imo, as for other possible rewards other than LFG Points I'm up for suggestions.

maybe some type of system where they can only get a certain amount of rockets, mauls,slaps like if they win they can use only like 3 on themselves.

or for tt they get a free BH or gun.
[Image: 76561198183902451.png]
Warn