Steam Group
GameTracker
YouTube
Google Plus
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
E2 Thread (Help, Suggestions, Sharing)
After having some issues on my own with E2, figured it was probably worth it to make a thread for that sort of stuff open to everybody, incase they need help (thanks to @ajphandalf for the suggestion). In this thread, drop any questions or pre-existing E2s you have. If you see somebody with a problem, try and help out. I'll start out by helping with super basic effect stuff I guess.

Please be SPECIFIC with your issues. Nobody can help you if you're super vague about everything. Also, this isn't a request thread, so please don't ask if any of us can make you an E2.
Praise the Overlord!
Warn
Can you make a FizzBuzz using E2?
[Image: AKtiU.gif]

Warn
(10-18-2017, 10:18 AM)Zellogi Wrote:  Can you make a FizzBuzz using E2?

Is that a serious question? I'm pretty sure anybody with a few brain cells can figure out how to write one.
Praise the Overlord!
Warn
(10-18-2017, 10:41 AM)DarudeDankstorm Wrote:  Is that a serious question? I'm pretty sure anybody with a few brain cells can figure out how to write one.
apparently you need to be an expert at e2 before you ask any questions here
Warn
(10-18-2017, 05:44 PM)Honorable_ZR Wrote:  apparently you need to be an expert at e2 before you ask any questions here

A FizzBuzz is a super basic code used by like school teachers. It counts to 100 and replaces multiples of 3 with the word Fizz, multiples of 5 with Buzz, and multiples of both with FizzBuzz. Plus I'm pretty sure Saint asked some dude who claimed to be a programming god in chatbox. Point is it's easy.
Praise the Overlord!
Warn
(10-18-2017, 09:10 PM)DarudeDankstorm Wrote:  Plus I'm pretty sure Saint asked some dude who claimed to be a programming god in chatbox. Point is it's easy.

Except for the part where the "programming god" (aka @Dark Swordsman) can't figure it out for the life of him because he's probably never programmed before.
Warn
(10-18-2017, 09:52 PM)SaintLuther Wrote:  Except for the part where the "programming god" (aka @Dark Swordsman) can't figure it out for the life of him because he's probably never programmed before.

I've written a fizzbuzz but not with E2... I don't even use E2 because I just don't like to.
[Image: tumblr_m83lx38t1O1qmd20so1_500.gif]
Warn
(10-18-2017, 10:41 PM)Dark Swordsman Wrote:  I've written a fizzbuzz 

Proof or it didn't happen.
[Image: AKtiU.gif]

Warn
Heres one that I solved beforeSadAlso answer to the ? I wrote)

Code:
//initialise variables

var i;
var myNumber;

Code:
//Ask the user for a number

myNumber = prompt("Give me your number");
Code:
// for the numbers 1 through to the number given,

for (i=1; i<=myNumber; i++) {
Code:
//test the number for being divisable by BOTH 3 & 5

if (i % 3===0 && i % 5 ===0) {
console.log("FizzBuzz");
}
//if the number is divisible by 3, write "Fizz"

else if (i % 3 === 0) { 
console.log("Fizz");
}
//if the number is divisible by 5, write "Buzz"
else if (i % 5 === 0){
console.log ("Buzz");
}
//Otherwise, just write the number
else {
console.log(i);
}
}

(And before you accuse its a copy paste, No, its not on a webpage or forum and no my search history doesnt even have "Fizzbuzz copy paste" in it. I genuinely wrote and spent time on that to answer something as a challenge)
[Image: tumblr_m83lx38t1O1qmd20so1_500.gif]
Warn
(10-18-2017, 10:46 PM)Dark Swordsman Wrote:  (And before you accuse its a copy paste, No, its not on a webpage or forum and no my search history doesnt even have "Fizzbuzz copy paste" in it. I genuinely wrote and spent time on that to answer something as a challenge)

Thats a copypaste and you didn't even bother trying to cover it up.

https://www.codecademy.com/en/forum_ques...0003001c3a

Notice anything similar other than its an exact carbon copy?

EDIT: The least, and I mean the absolute least you could've done would be to delete the //'s, as they're not even part of the actual code, and no one "challenging" themselves would've seen the need to add them.

Good luck getting valedictorian at how much you're plagiarizing.

[Image: 8f646e1b3512e2a62a85d15e4d2db892.png]
[Image: 07ad00c8636a3f2cd23b2470b175f393.png]
Warn