Steam Group
GameTracker
YouTube
Google Plus
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major sandbox playermodel issue.
Bug 
I'll be rather brief on the problem I've been having. Imagine this scenario, you join into the sandbox server, open up PAC, and hit clear. Suddenly you are now on of the player models from the C menu, which of course do not work on the sandbox server. So you open up the pointshop and equip a model from there, but that model is being overwritten by the model from the C menu. I am no longer capable of using models from the pointshop and it will occasionally flash the player model before being overwritten once again. I've spent about an hour trying to fix this now and I can't figure out a way to do so, please help.

I've asked a few other members and so far I still have no clue how I am going to fix this issue.
CorrosiveSpiral/Alex/Deemo
Reply Warn
You're saying playermodels you equip from the PointShop get reset to what you selected in the C menu instantly? And you aren't using PAC3?
Reply Warn
(01-02-2018, 05:16 PM)SaintLuther Wrote:  You're saying playermodels you equip from the PointShop get reset to what you selected in the C menu instantly? And you aren't using PAC3?

Well no, I am actually using PAC3. Whenever I attempt to use it, it won't allow me to use playermodels from the point shop. It seems like I can't ever make PACs based off of the C menu player models if there is no solution to this, which is a bit of an issue.
Reply Warn
(01-02-2018, 05:25 PM)CorrosiveSpiral Wrote:  it won't allow me to use playermodels from the point shop.

(01-02-2018, 05:25 PM)CorrosiveSpiral Wrote:  I can't ever make PACs based off of the C menu player models

You're not making any sense. You cant use PAC3 with pointshop models or the C menu models? Because I'm able to use both in PAC3 just fine.
Reply Warn
(01-02-2018, 05:43 PM)White Mexican Wrote:  You're not making any sense. You cant use PAC3 with pointshop models or the C menu models? Because I'm able to use both in PAC3 just fine.

I'm being completely clear. I am able to see my own player model when I use C menu models, and make PACs with them. But other players will simply see me as an error. When I try to equip a pointshop player model, it is overwritten by the C menu model and won't show, although it will flicker to it from time to time. This prevents me from using PAC entirely and I have to rejoin just to be seen as a pointshop player model. If I clear or equip a PAC that is how it gets overwritten. Did that make a little more sense?
Reply Warn
If you completely clear your PAC3 and for safe measure type the command pac_restart in console, then holster and re-equip the pointshop model, you should be that model and it won't flicker.
Reply Warn
(01-02-2018, 05:51 PM)White Mexican Wrote:  If you completely clear your PAC3 and for safe measure type the command pac_restart in console, then holster and re-equip the pointshop model, you should be that model and it won't flicker.

I'll test this later and see if that works, thanks. Not sure if it fixes the issue of not being able to use PACs with the pointshop models though.
Reply Warn
You can, just create an entity and set the model to the path of the model you want (sub to the pointshop models, and look in addons for the path)
Reply Warn
Heart 
(01-02-2018, 05:54 PM)White Mexican Wrote:  You can, just create an entity and set the model to the path of the model you want (sub to the pointshop models, and look in addons for the path)

Thank you, I never actually thought of that but that could definitely work!
Reply Warn